Unified EPC/IMS core network
The YateUCN is a unified core network solution intended for new LTE networks, for upgrading GSM/GPRS networks to LTE or for extending existing LTE networks.
The YateUCN software-defined core implements all the functions and protocols of the LTE core network in software, and uses commodity hardware. It integrates the EPC layers - MME, S-GW, P-GW, PCRF, and PCEF. The YateUCN also includes the IMS layers for VoLTE - P-CSCF, I/S-CSCF, IWF, and BGW.
It communicates with the YateENB (LTE eNodeB module) over S1AP and GTP protocols and uses a JSON API for configuration and management.Unified GSM/GPRS core network
The YateUCN also implements the functions and protocols of GSM/GPRS core networks. In GSM/GPRS, the YateUCN acts as a MSC/VLR/SGSN/GGSN/GMSC in a single server. It connects to the YateBTS (GSM module) over GTP and SIP, replacing the costly SS7 MAP-A interface (BSSAP protocol). This leads to a higher return on investment without affecting the reliability of the network or the provided services.
The unified core network solution is based on replacing the eNodeB with the YateENB (LTE) and the base station subsystem with the YateBTS (GSM).
Features and benefits
Runs on commodity hardware, allowing for a simplified network architecture and lower deployment costs.
Enables carriers to deploy LTE networks with reduced initial investment.
Allows for scaling as you go. You can add more servers or separate the functionality as more users adopt your service.
Increases network resiliency; in case of equipment failure you can easily configure another server to take up the functions of the fault node.
The SIP protocol establishes connection between the YateUCN and the YateBTS, allowing the SatSite base station to communicate with any YateUCN in the network. A Base Station Controller (BSC) is not needed between the YateBTS-powered SatSite and the YateUCN.
Has low idle traffic, which allows transport technologies like satellite.
|SS7 connectivity||- SIGTRAN, SCTP with CRC checksum |
- M2UA, M2PA, M3UA
- ITU MTP, SCCP, TCAP
- ANSI MTP, SCCP
- ITU MAP v3
- CAMEL phase 2
|Voice interconnect||- SIP and RTP|
- ISUP using external MGCP gateway
|SCCP GTT||- E.212 (ANSI)|
- E.214 (ITU) translation table
|MSC/VLR||- ETSI MAP v3 |
- Supported operations:
- MSC <-> AuC messages (authentication)
- MSC <-> EIR messages (equipment identification, optional)
- VLR <-> HLR messages (location management, roaming)
- MSC <-> SMSC messages (SMS)
|SGSN/MME||- ETSI MAP v3|
- S1AP r11
- GTP v1
- Supported operations:
- SGSN <-> AuC messages (authentication)
- SGSN <-> EIR messages (equipment identification, optional)
- SGSN <-> HLR messages (data mobility management, roaming)
- SGSN <-> GGSN messages (data session)
- YateENB <-> SGSN messages (LTE control and user data)
- YateBTS <-> SGSN messages (GPRS control and user data)
|SIP||- Supported standards (RFC3261)|
- Registrar function
- B2BUA for calls
- RTP (RFC3550) with sideband DTMF (RFC2833)
- SMS and USSD over IP
|SMS||- Format: SMS PDU (MO and MT)|
- MAP/SS7 transport (T-PDU format)
- SIP MESSAGE transport (SMS over IP, R-PDU format)
|CDR||- File format|
- Rotation interval
- File transfer: FTP
|Interfaces||- C Interface (MAP, HLR <-> GMSC)|
- D Interface (MAP, HLR <-> VLR)
- E Interface (MAP, MSC <-> MSC)
- F Interface (MAP, MSC <-> EIR)
- G Interface (MAP, VLR <-> VLR)
- SIP, RTP (YateBTS <-> VLR)
- S1 Interface (S1AP & GTP, YateENB <-> EPC)
- Gi Interface (IP, connects to Public Data Network)
- Gn/Gp Interface (GTP, SGSN and GGSN)
- Gr Interface (MAP, SGSN <-> HSS)
- Gc Interface (GTP or SS7/MAP, interface to HLR) (optional)
|CODECS and transcoders||- G.711a, G.711u|
- GSM-FR 06.10
|Operating system||Linux based|
|Dell PowerEdge R430||3.5" Chassis with up to 4 Cabled Hard Drives|
|Processor||Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 2.4GHz,20M|
|Memory||8GB RDIMM, 2133MT/s, Dual Rank, x8 Data|
|Hard drives||1TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Cabled Hard|
|Hard drive configuration||RAID 1 for H330/H730/H730P (2 HDDs) with Cabled Chassis|
|Internal controller||DVD ROM SATA Internal for 4HD Chassis ReadyRails Sliding Rails With Cable|
|Network adapter||Intel Ethernet I350 DP 1Gb Server Adapter, Low Profile|