unified LTE/GSM+GPRS core network, including SGSN, GGSN, GMSC, MME, SGW, PGW
YateUCN - Unified Core Network solution
Unified EPC/IMS core network
The YateUCN is a unified core network solution intended for new LTE networks, for upgrading GSM/GPRS networks to LTE or for extending existing LTE networks.
The YateUCN software-defined core implements all the functions and protocols of the LTE core network in software, and uses commodity hardware. It integrates the EPC layers – MME, S-GW, P-GW, and PCEF. The YateUCN also includes the IMS layers for VoLTE – P-CSCF, I/S-CSCF, IWF, and BGW.
It communicates with the YateENB (LTE eNodeB module) over S1AP and GTP protocols and uses a JSON API for configuration and management.
Unified GSM/GPRS core network
The YateUCN also implements the functions and protocols of GSM/GPRS core networks. In GSM/GPRS, the YateUCN acts as a MSC/VLR/SGSN/GGSN/GMSC in a single server. It connects to the YateBTS (GSM module) over GTP and SIP, replacing the costly SS7 MAP-A interface (BSSAP protocol). This leads to a higher return on investment without affecting the reliability of the network or the provided services.
The unified core network solution is based on replacing the eNodeB with the YateENB (LTE) and the base station subsystem with the YateBTS (GSM).
Remote access for operations and management
YateUCN is easy to operate and manage remotely using the Yate Mobile Management Interface (MMI) online. The interface makes it accessible to add a new YateUCN unit, to setup a cluster of YateUCNs, to configure a single YateUCN function (MSC/VLR, GMSC, SGSN, GGSN, SGW or PGW), to configure YateUCN equipment with all its GSM/GPRS/LTE functions and more. With YateMMI operators can remotely manage their entire network equipment using a single web interface.
Here is a link to a demo of the YateMMI, with a preconfigured YateUCN equipment.
Contact us for a YateMMI demo account!
Features and benefits
- SIGTRAN, SCTP with CRC checksum
- M2UA, M2PA, M3UA
- ITU MTP, SCCP, TCAP
- ANSI MTP, SCCP
- ITU MAP v3
- CAMEL phase 2
- SIP and RTP
- ISUP using external MGCP gateway
- E.212 (ANSI)
- E.214 (ITU) translation table
- ETSI MAP v3
- Supported operations:
- MSC <-> AuC messages (authentication)
- MSC <-> EIR messages (equipment identification, optional)
- VLR <-> HLR messages (location management, roaming)
- MSC <-> SMSC messages (SMS)
- ETSI MAP v3
- S1AP r11
- GTP v1, GTP v2
- Supported operations:
- SGSN <-> AuC messages (authentication)
- SGSN <-> EIR messages (equipment identification, optional)
- SGSN <-> HLR messages (data mobility management, roaming)
- SGSN <-> GGSN messages (data session)
- YateENB <-> SGSN messages (LTE control and user data)
- YateBTS <-> SGSN messages (GPRS control and user data)
- Supported standards (RFC3261)
- Registrar function
- B2BUA for calls
- RTP (RFC3550) with sideband DTMF (RFC2833)
- SMS and USSD over IP
- Format: SMS PDU (MO and MT)
- MAP/SS7 transport (T-PDU format)
- SIP MESSAGE transport (SMS over IP, R-PDU format)
- Flexible file format (default .tsv files) with customizable table headers
- Automatic file rotation
- Optional file transfer: FTP, SFTP, SCP
- JSON HTTP push API
- RADIUS with 3GPP and Cisco dictionaries
- C Interface (MAP, HLR <-> GMSC)
- D Interface (MAP, HLR <-> VLR)
- E Interface (MAP, MSC <-> MSC)
- F Interface (MAP, MSC <-> EIR)
- G Interface (MAP, VLR <-> VLR)
- SIP, RTP (YateBTS <-> VLR)
- S1 Interface (S1AP & GTP, YateENB <-> EPC)
- Gi Interface (IP, connects to Public Data Network)
- Gn/Gp Interface (GTP, SGSN and GGSN)
- Gr Interface (MAP, SGSN <-> HSS)
- Gc Interface (GTP or SS7/MAP, interface to HLR) (optional)
- G.711a, G.711u
- GSM-FR 06.10