Use YateMMI to configure your YateUCN. YateMMI is only installed on the first Yate-based machine you have purchased.
1. To connect to YateMMI from the same machine where it is installed on, open a browser window and type in:
2. To connect to YateMMI from another machine located in the same network where it is installed, open a browser window and type in:
3. To connect to YateMMI from a machine outside the network where it is installed, and provided that you have the rights to do so, use SSH with a port forwarding to YateUCN. Open a console and type:
ssh ucn_user@ucn_ip -L local_port:127.0.0.1:80
Open a browser window and type in:
You will be asked to provide system credentials (a valid username/password) to access the MMI.
Unified LTE/GSM+GPRS core network, including SGSN, GGSN, GMSC, MME, SGW, PGW
See the product here ››
At the purchase of your Yate-based products you will also receive system log in credentials (username: yatebts, password: ‘same-as-serial‘), default MMI login credentials are:
username – admin
password – admin
This configuration example can be used if YateUCN and YateMMI are running on the same server.
[Add equipment] -> [SS7 settings] -> [Diameter settings] -> [Roaming and Handover ranges] -> [MME mode] -> [VLR mode] -> [SGSN mode] -> [GGSN mode]
- Set an equipment name
- Select YateUCN from the dropdown
- Complete serial number field
- Specify equipment IP management interface
- DO NOT CHECK Interrogate equipment IF management interface is 127.0.0.1.
- Global title
- Nnsf node
- SCTP connection – M2PA link IP
- STP1 connection (127.0.0.1) Local port
- STP1 connection (127.0.0.1) Remote port
- DRA Connection Local IP
- Enable MME
- Identity PLMNS (Ex: 00101)
- Identity TAC (Ex: 0509)
- Identity Group (Ex: 4660)
- Identity Code (Ex: 8)
- Identity Name (Ex: YateMME)
- S1AP Streams (Ex: 3)
- SCTP Listener Local IP (Ex: 10.0.4.1)
- SCTP Listener Local Port (Ex: 36412)
This section can be found in
MMI -> Equipment -> YateUCN -> [+] Edit node -> MME/SGSN
You can add multiple S1AP listeners, from “Add another SCTP Listener” located in the bottom right side of the MME – S1AP configuration section
MMI -> Equipment -> YateUCN -> [+] Control node -> Edit -> MME/SGSN
The S1 interface connects the eNodeB to the EPC, more exactly the MME. S1 can be split into control-plane (S1AP) and user-plane (S1-U)
The S1 Application Protocol (S1AP) supports the functions of S1 interface by signalling procedures defined in “ETSI TS 136 413 V10.0.1“.
As S1AP interface handles only signaling (control-plane) between eNodeB and MME, we need to setup interface to transport user-plane data.
S1-U transports user-plane data (GTP-U messages) across a GTP user plane tunnel.
You can set up S1-U user-plane interface, on the same MMI page, from “S1 GTP interface(s)” (blue ca in MMI) -> Add.
- Custom GT for VLR mode -> From here you can specify a custom global title for the VLR.
- IPv4 GTP address (Ex: 127.0.0.1)
- IPv6 GTP address
- Custom GT for SGSN mode -> Check if SGSN has a custom global title (GT)
- Custom GT for GGSN mode -> Check if GGSN has a custom global title (GT)
- GTP settings
- GTP-U tunnels -> Add GTP-U tunnel:
- Tunnel -> tunnel name (Ex: tun-pdn)
- Poolv4 -> IPv4 pool (Ex: 10.0.100.2-10.0.100.254)
- Associate to Access Point (Ex: internet)
- IPv4 interface (Ex: 10.0.100.1/24)
- Interface MTU (Ex: 1400)