NRF is a part of YateNRF.
The Network Repository Function (NRF) is the network node(s) repository (database).
- The NRF implements registration and discovery of various other 5G network services, either in local or a remote network.
- The NRF also provides a service for requesting OAuth2 access tokens.
- Support for 5G roaming is provided via a Security Proxy that transports requests between networks.
- Its function is similar to those provided to 2/3/4G by SS7 STP, Diameter DRA and data services DNS.
- NRF services don’t include request forwarding, only register/discover/subscribe/notify.
- Starting with rel. 16 a new node, SCP (Service Communication Proxy) will be described. It will forward requests to destination based on NRF interaction.
The NRF allows any other network nodes to:
The 5G Call Flow process
MiniCore is a Software-defined compact Core Network that can be used as a test 5G network, LTE/IMS or GSM/GPRS Core Network.
See the product here ››