The Hosted Core is a free service that allows users to experiment with a fully-functional GSM/GPRS or LTE/IMS network.
GSM/GPRS Hosted Core
YateBTS, the software implementation of a GSM/GPRS Radio Access Network, can be used with the Hosted Core to provide the complete functionality of a GSM/GPRS mobile network.
For GSM/GPRS, the Hosted Core functionality includes:
* a YateUCN TM that acts as a Mobile Switching Center/Visited Location Register (MSC/VLR)
* a YateHSS/HLR with an integrated Authentication Center (Auc)
* a Short Message Service Center (SMSC)
The Hosted Core can be used with the YateBTS LabKit TM and connects to it over SIP.
One or multiple LabKit units can be connected to the Hosted Core to test the GSM/GPRS functionality: authentication, data and voice calls, handover, and mobility.
LTE/IMS Hosted Core
The LTE Hosted Core allows access to a fully-functional EPC/IMS network. It includes a YateUCN EPC and IMS and a YateHSS/HLR.
As an EPC, the Hosted Core includes the following functions:
* Mobility Management Entity (MME)
* Serving Gateway (S-GW)
* Packet Data Network Gateway (P-GW)
* Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF)
* Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF)
For Voice over LTE (VoLTE), the IMS Hosted Core performs the functions of:
* Proxy Call Session Control Function (P-CSCF)
* Interrogating and Serving CSCF (I/S-CSCF)
* Interworking Function (IWF)
* Border Gateway (BGW)
The Hosted Core can be used with the LTE LabKit and works with any LTE User Equipment.
Features and benefits
Registration and authentication: GSM/UMTS/LTE/IMS authentication depending on the SIMs used.
Voice calls: calls between registered subscribers and to other public subscribers; for LTE, it performs Circuit-Switched Fallback (CSFB) and VoLTE.
Handover: handover between mobile devices or LabKit units.
SMS: SMSs between your subscribers and other public subscribers.
GPRS: offered locally on the YateBTS LabKit, if configured.
Subscriber management: subscribers can be imported from the NiPC GUI.
External calls: calls are not allowed outside this network since we don't have a roaming agreement.