Important! If you are operating your LabKit in the Americas, skip the next step, as your machine is already set up to function in these areas.
When you enter the Local Management Interface (LMI), you are first required to select the appropriate working mode.
1. Click Working mode from the upper menu and click the Modify button to choose GSM NiPC.
2. Select the GSM NiPC working mode and click the Save button.
3. Click the BTS Configuration tab. In the GSM section enter the GSM radio interface tab and select the GSM operating band in the Radio.Band field, depending on the region where you operate the LabKit.
- If you are in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa or Australia, change the operating band to 850 MHz (the typical operating band for America), to avoid local interference.
4. Select an ARFCN value corresponding to the operating band you have selected, in the Radio.C0 field. All the values in the drop-down list work.
5. Please read the instructions in the LMI for the rest of the values, which are arbitrary.
6. Manage HostedCore SIMs and subscribers.
1. Select GSM roaming working mode. Click the Modify button and click Save button.
LabKit will connect to Hosted Core which provides the complete functionality of a GSM mobile network.
2. Check CORE settings -> BTS Configuration -> Core -> Roaming
Your GSM LabKit is already connected to Hosted Core through a direct OpenVPN line. IP addresses with 100.127.*.* are OpenVPN private addresses.
Be aware that the 100.127.0.5 address (OpenVPN IP) is only an example. Set your assigned IP address from BTS Configuration -> Core -> Roaming -> My sip dropdown.
;Hosted Core Web interface log in credentials were sent in the email you’ve used on purchase. See Hosted Core features
The GSM dataroam mode is very similar with the GSM roaming mode. All the settings above apply to dataroam, but you still have to configure GPRS Roaming. After selecting the GSM dataroam mode go to BTS Configuration/Core/GPRS Roaming. In case you use your LabKit with Hosted Core, you should setup the following values:
Note: Both GSM roaming and GSM dataroam mode do provide GPRS Internet connectivity. The IP address is obtained diffently.