SAN FRANCISCO – Feb. 20, 2014 — Legba and SS7Ware, two innovative companies in the open-source mobile industry, launch YateBTS SatSite. SatSite is a commercial 2.5G network solution intended for rural networks, M2M applications, remote locations and private networks.
A key feature of SatSite is a 3G backhaul modem to support easy extension of mobile coverage into remote areas. SatSite provides local call switching and low-rate speech encoding to reduce backhaul loading, ideal for areas with sparse infrastructure.
- The YateBTS SatSite is a simpliﬁed solution for 2.5G networks, providing mobile voice and data services. It implements both the radio access network and the core network, giving complete functionality of a 2.5G network. It is power eﬃcient and can be operated by solar panels.
- SatSite can be integrated directly into existing 2G/3G SS7/MAP networks or 4G IMS mobile infrastructure or can also be operated as a private network with VoIP trunks.
- The YateBTS SatSite accelerates the deployment of M2M applications like smart metering, ﬂeet management and public health to areas where previously they could not be deployed in a cost-eﬀective manner.
“The new YateBTS SatSite is a ready solution for expanding 2.5G networks into remote places, for industrial customers, disaster response and mobile operators.”
– David Burgess, CEO of Legba, Inc.
“In many remote locations, lack of communication infrastructure is one of the major obstacle for regional development. A modern economy cannot function without such a key element. Our solution can be deployed rapidly, and due to the fact that it uses commodity hardware, service and maintenance is highly simpliﬁed.”
– Paul Chitescu, main developer of Yate at Null Team SRL
About Legba and SS7Ware
Legba, Inc. (leg.ba) provides innovative infrastructure for mobile operators.
SS7Ware Inc. (ss7ware.com) provides 2.5G/4G mobile networks.The company is a subsidiary of Null Team, the creators of Yate.
Yate is a trademark of SS7Ware, Inc.
YateBTS SatSite is a trademark of Legba, Inc.